Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Best. Thing. Ever!

Ansley smiled at my husband before me. I wish she had smiled at me first, but I wasn't as upset as I thought I might be. I knew she would smile at me soon. But what "magic touch" does Kevin have that I didn't? Does she like his deeper voice? Did he say some particular words she wanted to hear, or tickle her feet just right? I tried to copy what he did, hoping it would work. It didn't. Still no smile for mommy. Just a confused, "what-are-you-doing?!" look.

Yesterday, Kevin went to work and I spent all day at home with my little girl. And she smiled at me! It was one of the best moments of my life. Really and truly. I can those moments on one hand: Kevin asking me to marry him, us saying our wedding vows, the moments right after Ansley was born. Of those euphoric, rush-of-emotion, happiest-I've-ever-been moments, those are about it. And now I can add my daughter smiling at me to the list. It melted my heart when I saw it. And I will carry the memory with me forever.

Of course, I didn't have a camera when the big moment happened, but here is a picture taken today of the best "smile" we have so far. I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment